Monday, September 2, 2013

READING COMPLEXITY : KHAO SAN ROAD













Khao San Road is one of the must visit attraction for tourist when coming to Thailand, but not for the local thai people. As for me, I never been there so this thoroughfare is very interesting in term of the meaning, related to my work in previous phase. As in the previous phase, I dealed with the idea of role playing. Therefore in the thoroughfare, I'm looking for something performing or role playing to express the meaning of Thainess (in this case) and its audience or viewer. As in the vdo, not only the people is performing but things and architecture too are trying to represent Thailand. And of course, the audiences here are the foreigners. Each of them has different expression toward different role playing things.

I moved from a wide open space to a more enclose space to see the different orientation of the role playing things and its audience, also their reaction toward each others.



No comments:

Post a Comment