Monday, September 2, 2013

Reading Complexity: video and ISO drawing of the thoroughfare






Here is the video of the chosen thoroughfare taken at Sampeng market at the Bangkok Chinatown. The walking distance is of 2:03 minutes to reach the end of the block, out to the more open, yet busy intersection where locals, travellers, street vendors and automobiles converge. The street was enclosed by old shophouses. Both sidewalks were occupied by stands selling many things forcing people to take the street as they roam around the place. This, in a way, gave priority to the people, instead of cars, to walk in the middle of the street which slowed down the traffic whenever cars drove by. People would cluster to the side to make way. 


The Isometric drawing represents the path that I took. The cones describe my visual field where each one amounts to 60 degree angle. They originate from the height of my eye level. I am planning to readjust the colors of the cones to differentiate the types of things I paid attention to including animate and inanimate subjects which had impacted on how I reacted to and moved in the space. 








No comments:

Post a Comment